• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Storm Babet

Heartland

master brummie
This storm has caused havoc to transport across the country. Flooding has caused serious damage and the Canal & River Trust has recorded damage to the Worcester & Birmingham Canal.

There was a land slide at Shortwood Tunnel which had led to the canal being closed there.

Last edited:
The damage near Shortwood Tunnel has led to a long term closure of the Worcester & Birmingham Canal. The forces of nature can wreak havoc on the canal network which has repair cost implications. As funding declines the network is is jeopardy -

Shortwood Tunnel Breach.jpeg

The damage near Shortwood Tunnel has led to a long term closure of the Worcester & Birmingham Canal. The forces of nature can wreak havoc on the canal network which has repair cost implications. As funding declines the network is is jeopardy -

View attachment 185798
yes its been terrible and looking at tv footage of the storm i feel so sorry for the hundreds of people who have lost everything they now have to try and rebuild their lives...also thinking of the friends and family who have lost loved ones..something that cant be put right..

lyn

Back