• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Peter & St Paul Aston Juxta Lookups

Hi, Marriage of George Mayner age 21 to Jane Streeting age 20. on 30th January 1866.
Father of groom, William Naylor, cab proprieter.
Father of bride, Thomas Streeting,traveller.
Witnesses John Buck and Emma Buck. All signed themselves.
Lived in Aston Manor, no street name.
George was a labourer and no occupation for Jane.
Hope this helps.

Hi Lynne

Did you get that info from discs or from the library or was there more on the IGI ? Just curious as I have some marriages there:)

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne, the info was from the library, my daughter Kelly went this morning. She will be going again shortly,before it closes so any help we can give just let us know.

Oh that's really good of you Lynne. Is it ok if I get back to you later today, as I will have to trawl through my tree for the Aston Juxta ones:)

Many thanks
Suzanne

Thanks Lynne (and Kelly:)). It's only a couple I think. I will IM you later.

Thanks

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne

Don't forget that if you require look ups at the Library of any kind please let me know. You have helped me so very much in my research, i can at least return the favour.

Regards

Steve

Hi Suzanne

Don't forget that if you require look ups at the Library of any kind please let me know. You have helped me so very much in my research, i can at least return the favour.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks so much for your offer:) Lynne and her daughter Kelly have helped me so much already for which I am really grateful. But I am sure I have others:) and will definitely take you up on your kind offer and of course anything I can help you with, you only have to ask.

regards

Suzanne

We only come up from the West Country occasionally to do research in Bhm Library, so I am always desperate to get the best out of our time there! The last time I went, I could find no Marriage Banns records for Aston Juxta.

My 4xGreat Grandparents Valentine SMITH and Susannah ISBOURN married there on 12 March 1786. It is on IGI and I have seen the image of the Parish record of the marriage in Bhm Library. They were 'of this parish' and both signed. However, I suspect that the name ISBOURN is iffy, and thought it would be useful to check it out in the Banns too. However, I could not do it as I could find no Banns.

Please does anyone know if there is a Banns record for the church in the Library for certain?

Many thanks

Jane

I am not sure - in their index it only lists marriage records but I would email them and ask. I have always found this a useful way of saving time.

Janice

Would someone be kind enough to check for the marriage of William Aldridge & Rebecca Bull shown as being married on 19 May 1851 @ Aston Juxta, Birmingham ( from other threads I believe this relates to the churches of St Pauls & St Phillips in Birmingham). Any info on their marriage would be much appreciated in particular any witnesses, ages etc, occupations etc. Many thanks

These records are not on C.D. or the net so, will have to bee looked up at Central Library. At the moment it is in the proccess of moving so will be up to some kind soul who is visiting.

Hi there,
I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to look up a marriage record for me. I believe my 3x great grandparents Thomas Carter & Ann Smith were married at Aston on 10 November 1800. I'd love to know if there is any other info to be had from the parish record.
Thanks Sheryl in NZ

Researching Carter, Smith, Ralph & Jarvis families from Aston

I'm sorry Sheryl, Birmingham Library is closed and the new one won't be open until September. It's very annoying!!
rosie.

If you don't mind waiting for a few weeks, you can get a copy emailed to yourself free of charge from the LDS via their Photoduplication Service.

Baptisms, 1805-1878. Family History Library BRITISH Film 919793
Marriages, 1754-1788. Family History Library BRITISH Film 919794
Marriages, 1788-1812. Family History Library BRITISH Film 919795
Marriages, 1813-1825. Family History Library BRITISH Film 919796
Marriages, 1825-1834 (index incomplete). Family History Library BRITISH Film 919797
Marriages, 1834-1841. Family History Library BRITISH Film 919798
Marriages, 1841-1845. Family History Library BRITISH Film 919799
Marriages, 1845-1849. Family History Library BRITISH Film 919800
Marriages, 1849-1852. Family History Library BRITISH Film 918845
Marriages, 1852-1856. Family History Library BRITISH Film 918846
Marriages, 1856-1860. Family History Library BRITISH Film 918847
Marriages, 1860-1864. Family History Library BRITISH Film 918848
Marriages, 1864-1869. Family History Library BRITISH Film 918849
Marriages, 1869-1873. Family History Library BRITISH Film 918850
Marriages, 1873-1876. Burials, 1872-1824. Family History Library BRITISH Film 918851
Burials, 1824-1867. Family History Library BRITISH Film 918852
Burials, 1867-1884. Family History Library BRITISH Film 918853 Item 1

It looks like your entry will be on Film Number 919795.

I have tried all the sites I know and the only one I have found is family History. The only details of the marriage are the same as you already have. Thomas Carter. Ann Smith 10 Nov 1800 Aston Juxta Birmingham no other information. I have tried looking everywhere that I know for them after that date including the census but no luck. They seem to have disappeared. Probably emigrated to your domain, or sad to say they may have been deported . I hope not.&nbsp; Kind regards.&nbsp; Harry<br>
<br>
<br>

I think you should try this on the following site (you may know it but just in case.) Go to Google type in Answer Bank . It is a free site.When it comes up look on the left hand side and click History this will then open up and show Genealogy. Click and enter your question.I have found this to be a very good site as there are a lot of good people on there who are willing to help.It has helped me a lot in the past. Good luck. Harry

Hi all
I am after any additional information on this marriage please

9 Nov 1823 Aston Juxta
Richard Perkins & Harriett Kendrick

Thanks very much
Carol

At the church of St Peter and Paul, Aston. Witnesses look like William and Anne Perkins (he signed and she made a mark). Both bride and groom made a mark.

Copy online is very hard to read and gives no addresses because of when it was.

Janice

Hi Janice

Thanks very much for looking for me. I appreciate it.

Carol

At the church of St Peter and Paul, Aston. Witnesses look like William and Anne Perkins (he signed and she made a mark). Both bride and groom made a mark.

Copy online is very hard to read and gives no addresses because of when it was.

Janice

Back