• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Marys School Wills Street

regan

proper brummie kid
hello

are there any st marys old boys out there. who went to st marys. be nice to hear from you

hello mike. what teachers were ther when you was still there. was tom o. louchlin still head master

yes he was.other names i remember are mr pozzi,paddy woods,mr mullen and in the infants miss morrell,sisters baptist and collette.mrs short (clare short's mom)was there in some capacity.

hello

are there any st Marys old boys out there. who went to st Marys. be nice to hear from you
Hello there. There seems to be some confusion as to where the school was, St Marys convent school had a main entrance in Hunters Road. There was also an entrance in Brougham Street into the same school. There was a school in Wills Street on the same side as No 8 and between there and Villa Street. I think It was boys only. Mr Tommy O'Locklin ? was the head master when I was there. I knew it as the elementary school.
As my ,mother was a teacher at the convent school [1926 to 1963] I was a student there from1935 until 1941 when I moved to St Philip's next door to the Oratory near the Ivy Bush on Hagley Road.
Miss Kuck was also a teacher there, she came from Redditch where her family had business putting gold eyes into needles.Sister Margaret Mary was the head of the convent school for a long time Thank you for the memories.

thanks for the heads up carolina i must have a look at the list to see whats on...i have been inside st marys already...its a wonderful building inside and out and was even shown the small burial ground at the back where past nuns are buried..well worth a look around

lyn

Back