• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

St Mary And St John School Around 1961?

mo1234

proper brummie kid
I attended this school briefly about this time but I remember some of the teachers names Miss Mc Govern and a Miss Conway. I was only ther 1961 -1963 when i left to go to secondary school. I have very happy memories of my time there.Anyone else have memories?

i was this st johns school in gravely hill or am i getting mixed up
as i beleived this one to be a type boarding school for uncontrolled kids
way back in the 1950s as i knew some kids whom went there
when you think back way back in time brum was full of these homes for boys and girls out of control all over the place best wishes Astonian;;

yes, my dad went to a school on gravelly hill - he walked from home - def. was not for uncontrollable kids - he always did well enough at school - went on to be a dr. - he was there in the 30's........he's 84 this year.

Back