• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

St Mark's Church Ladywood

Sian

master brummie
Hello listers

Please could you find a photograph of St Mark's Church, Birmingham please. I think I must have had all of Birmingham's Churches by now.
Your site is fantastic, if you're looking in John, but it wont allow me to have a copy of the St Peters and St Paul's photograph. I would like a photograph to add interest to my family history.

TIA
Best Regards
Sian

Many thanks Ladywoodite it's a brilliant website, I haven't found the church yet but I shall enjoy looking for it.

Sian

Sian, be warned, there were 3 CoE churches in Birmingham,
St Mark, North side of King Edward St, corner St Mark's St, 1841
St Mark, Washwood Heath Rd nr Leigh Rd Washwood Heath, 1890
St Mark, corner of Bleak Hill & Hesketh Crescent, Erdington, 1930s
And I believe an RC church in Bandywood Rd, Kingstanding (probably 1930ish) as well.
Peter

Hi Peter

Thank you for that ~ I need an address in order to get the right church, I think I can elliminate Erdington, but could be any of the others at this point in time, more digging required.

Thanks again
Sian

re st Peters and st Pauls if its the Aston one try Aston Church link in search box not a photo but a drawing if that helps:)

I think I found St Peters and St Pauls so I am OK for those, but thank you very much anyway.

Sian

Could you please tell me if St Marks Parish Church is still standing the one in Washwood Heath Birmingham.. Thank you.

Here's a picture of St Marks Washwood Heath

Terry

Attachments

• Ward End St Marks Church .jpg
    Ward End St Marks Church .jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back