• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St John's Church Bromsgrove Look Up please

Lyn Williams

Brummie babby
I am trying to locate details of Richard Wallis, born circa 21 Aug 1831 Bromsgrove, and supposedly christened in Bromsgrove 27 November 1831 to parents Richard and Mary Wallis (nee Butler). The Wallis family lived in St Johns Street so I am assuming Richard was christened in St John's Church, although I also have Alvechurch - not sure if that is a church or suburb? I would be interested in knowing any further details that may be listed in the St Johns Church parish records, esp exact date of birth for Richard jnr and parents full names. thanking you in anticipation. :) I should add that it could also be spelt Wallace.

Last edited:
Hi Lyn

It's Steve here. Following on from your IM i can inform you that all St.John parish church records are kept at the "Worcester Records office" and are not available at the Birmingham Reference Library. I do get to Worcester but not as often as i like. However, i have a number of "look ups" to do there and hopefully i will get there in the not too distant future. I will put this look up with mine in readiness.

Regards

Steve

Back