• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Southalls factory

My mom (Maureen Moore) worked there betwen 1965-66 in Quality Control. As did my nan Sue Moore.

Other staff members then included Mr Peet (supervisor), Mrs Bowker & her daughter Anita, and Sheila Bolter.
I worked for a cleaning company every Friday night. Boy was it dusty. We used ladies towels to try and keep dust away. I used to do Top Card Room and Slashers!! Around this time of 1964 I played for Brookhil F C. I think manager was a bit suspect!

Hi Colinstark, did you know my Uncle Tim Flynn he drank in the Brookhill Pub, Cork man wore a trillby and sometimes a red Carnation used to live across the road. from the pub

No, sorry--I was only 17 at the time. I think that Iwas too young to drink!
The football team was not connected to the Brookhill Pub.
Although in Birmingham most of the good players were sent to Wolverhampton for trials, except Bunny Larkin-Bert Linnecore and John Watts who went to the Blues
Best Regards, Colin Stark

I worked for a cleaning company every Friday night. Boy was it dusty. We used ladies towels to try and keep dust away. I used to do Top Card Room and Slashers!! Around this time of 1964 I played for Brookhil F C. I think manager was a bit suspect!
Does anyone remember any of the bosses at Southalls. Mr Payne or Mr Marlow?

Back