• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Soho College, Soho Hill, Handsworth

Jayell

master brummie
Here is a photo of some Soho College girls at the birthday party of one of them, Stella Duff. I am posting it here as I have also posted it on the Handsworth Kindergarten & Preparatory School site but thought Soho College should have a thread of its own. I would think the date would be about 1950/51 ish.

Girls in the photo are: ?, Helen Neale, Judy, Diane, Stella Duff, Carole, Margaret, ?, ? They were all good friends of mine.

Judy

s party 001.jpg

Last edited:
That's lovely, Judy, brings back some happy memories, as I said previously Helen lived next door but one to my family in Lansdowne Road, we were real good buddies, her Dad worked on a farm in Shustoke and we used to go and visit quite regularly and we stayed in a cottage there, with no lighting,and a privy down the end of the garden, they always had a pig and the spoils of one which had previously been killed.
We went to Erdington Grammar together but then lost touch when we moved to Sutton, would love to know what happened to her and her family.
Nice to see the picture of yourself too. I will print this out and treasure it although I do have some photos of Helen and myself in our Erdington school uniform.

M

Back