• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Smiths Crisps Tyseley

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
Note. Image has been lost on this post but see post #24 for similar image.

hi all. heres a pic of smiths crisps factory in tyseley.
wales

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there a small blue factory next to it where little blue packets of salt were made?!

lol Lloyd. gosh do you remember the little blue bags of salt? thats going back a bit...you prob know this but smiths do them again but its a little square packet of salt now... i buy them quite often but sometimes i just like to eat them plain so i leave the salt out. cant tell you how many times ive been on the lap top at the same time as eating a packet of crisps and ive put the little blue bag in me mouth instead of a crisp and nearly choked. lol

Wales, Don`t tell me you have scoffed the Smiths crisps i posted, good job i kept a packet back!!. Len.

but how many times long ago, did you forget and eat the salt by mistake???????
regards dereklcg.

Sorry Frothblower Smiths have gone from Wharfdale Rd, the factory stood empty for many years then was let as units, i think it has been demolished i will check when next i pass by, the smell of the crisps cooking made your mouth water!. Len.

My Nan used to have a small grocery store in the 30s to mid 50s. I used to like to help her serve customers, but to do that I would have to stand on the metal box that the Smiths Crisps came in to be able to see over the counter.

Back