• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Small Wars

Alf,
I looked at this site some time ago,
found it so interesting especially
the Palestine part O0

Re: Armed Forces Memorial

Armed Forces Memorial As you may (or may not)all know by now the above new memorial will be built at the Arboretum and the Turf Cutting Ceremony was held there recently.

Unlike the memorials in towns and villages across the nation there is nowhere that records the names of those who have been killed on duty, or as a result of terrorist action, as a consequence of serving their country since 1948. The AFM will put that right and the names of members of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary and the Merchant Navy who have died in conflict zones while in direct support of the Armed Forces will also be included on the Monument. The Arboretum is delighted to have been chosen for the site of the AFM.

This is the proposed Armed forces Memorial
to be built at Alrewas National Arboretum.
it will certainl put Alrewas(Staffs)on the map

Hallo Dennis, We have had no contact for long time, I feel guilty for not keeping in touch. Did join the Palestine Vets Ass? and what unit were you in, in th R.Es. By any chance would it have been 703 Artisan Works Coy. if so let me know.

Geff will phone Dennis tonight to let him know about your post as I don't think he has been on for sometime. Jean.

Back