• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Silvermere Secondary Modern

View attachment 109047 The School first team, back (L to R) First left Louis Ryan - Mr Sezall - 4th Me Goalkeeper - 5th Keith Gough - Front Row (L to R) Third in Micky Seal then Kenny Pollard. Anyone can add any more names that would be great. Season 1963 - 1964. Think the location is just to the left of the gable entrance.
Liked the photo. I still have two or three class photos. Can't remember if they were silvermere or mapledean.

Hi Allen seem to remember Fred Hares was a radio operator in Lancasters so the story goes, anyone add any information to that. Took us for Science lessons in the room just up from the woodwork room that was down a corridor off the main entrance. What class were you in..?

Gordon is in the School photo and I also played with him for Sheldene FC. Run by Peter Shipways mum. Do you know what happened to Gordon..!

Yes i remember Mr Hare or was it Haire?

Maybe we should start a list of teachers we can remember.

Just along the corridor, Mr Cullen for woodwork, not my favourite subject i might add.

Yes i remember Mr Hare or was it Haire?

Maybe we should start a list of teachers we can remember.

Just along the corridor, Mr Cullen for woodwork, not my favourite subject i might add.
Miss Owen. Music teacher.
Mr Jones. Head teacher.
Some of them had their favourite weapons. Fred hare. Pipe. Maths teacher ruler. pe teacher end of climbing rope. Or size 12 pump.

Memory not that good any more. But I remember John brewer. Derek webb. Stephen Hughes.?????? Polard. Gordon grovener rings a bell but I can't place him. Do you know any of these. I know neville Philpott but can't remember if he was in my class.

Roy Polard ,Alan. Some teacher names, Mrs Bell maths, Mr Brettle maths and PE, Mrs Brettle english , Mr Gregory Dep Head, Mr Evans geography, Mr Redgrave english, Miss Lacy drama, Mr Knight art, Miss Trumper PE and Mr Bennet metal work.

Did Roy Pollard run a TV shop opposite "The Good Companions"? I knew his brothers, Alan, who for a while played for Villa and Tony.

The Silvermere Pollard was Kenneth if i remember rightly.

I'm not sure whether he was related to the TV shop Pollard.

Roy pollard had 2 shops, the one you mentioned and one on Old Load Lane. Both shops closed suddenly about 15 ? years ago. The one in Old load has remained empty and to let ever since with the name Pollard still above the shop.

Technical drawing Mr Seazell, also ran the senior football team, and Geography Mr evans ran the intermediates.

Maybe we should start a new thread for Mapledene Junior and Infants School

and post your photos there.

Back