• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Scooter - Help Please

Jules65

master brummie
Can anyone help please. I have come across this photograph of my sister sitting on what I presume was my dad's scooter. Does anyone know the make, model etc and what year it was made. Thank you.

View attachment 16632

Hi Lloyd

Thanks for the information and lovely photos. I wonder what colour my dad's scooter was? I will have to ask around family members to see if they remember.

Jules

Hi Lloyd, The mangle behind PON is quite a collectible item too! WAK

Jules - I had searched for this scooter but I am not able to acurately identify it? Contact a scooter enthusiast site on google and send them a copy of the photograph with year etc, they should be able to identify it.

I doubt that it is an early Lambretta?

keith

As an old mod Lloyd :cool: - I hate to have to say this Lloyd but I feel the Zundapp Bella somewhat lacks the beauty of the Lambretta.....

Perhaps I am biased?

keith

I think you are right, Keith, but there were many different makes and types of scooter around at the time. The Vespa and Lambretta were the scooter of choice, and fashion always makes or breaks a supplier.
The Bella's '5 minutes of fame' came with Oasis' album "Be Here Now"

Note, incidentally, that the grille by the rear wheel folds down as a footrest for the pillion passenger!

Last edited:
Back