• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

School badges

As an Old Dixonian myself I recognise the badge but not the blazer colour. We had green blazers. The school now has maroon bllzers with what is to me a very odd badge
In the 1950s GD infants had a green blazer, but juniors had a navy blue blazer, then back to green for the grammar school. Infants and juniors badges were the letters GD inside a shield.
Regards, Bruce.
View attachment 68171

Bruce (Eagle17), I can't open the attachment so I can't see which badge you are referring to. I wore the green blazer when I was at GD. Some years later the school went to a burgundy coloured blazer and a badge showing GDIS which apparently meant George Dixons International School (although at that time the school website made no reference to teaching foreign languages!). The school (George Dixon Accademy) now has what I think is a quite smart black blazer with light blue edging.

Great site - what a lot of great information and photos on there. Must have taken a lot of effort to get that together. Thanks for the link (not sure where the badge came from, but if it's yours, hopefully you're happy for us to use the image on here ?). Viv.

Back