• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Saltley baths

Jacquinjohn

proper brummie kid
Hi all, does anyone know if saltley public baths are still standing, when i was at highfield road school in the fifties we used to walk down the "rock" for our swimming lessons, and on saturdays we used to go to the morning matinees at the rock,when we came out we went to a small shop just up from the pictures and we had a glass of orange squash for one penny.. Any body else remember ?

I used to go to Saltley with friends but our school Lea Village used to take us to Woodcock Street that would have been in the early 50s.

Hi again, yes all my uncles and aunts went to lea village school, they were the Proctors,and they lived in kitts green road near to the bus garage, i have spoken to them and they also went to woodcock baths.

Back