• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Romulus

S

scientist

Hi all, In late 75 or early 76, I went to this nightclub which was somewhere near Five Ways. Does anyone have more info about this place ? The only thing I remember was I went on a Saturday and there were quite a few people with an 'individiual' dress sense
Thanks

The Romulus was a little way out of town from Five Ways. It became Liberties which was ownwd by Mr. Gregorious.

Hello pollypops OOOH polly, it is now an up-market Asian Restaurant

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Stitcher, Shame it's gone - had many good nights there. What sort of club was Romulus? Did they have a lot of live music/bands on there?
Polly

I don't think they went overboard with the top groups/bands although Dexies M.Runners were on once. When it changed to Liberty's it was a bit up-market and my frind worked the door. The snooker champ Steve Davies was in there and as he came out I was first turn on the rank. I had permision from my insurance and the council to carry my son in the front because I had a passenger seat and belt fitted. My friend Mark Cadman on the door asked Steve Davies to have a chat with my son which he did. He came over and said "Hello Jason, are you looking after your dad?" My son said he was, and steve Davies said " Good, don't let anyone hurt him because he is a good friend of mine". My son was about eight at the time and he told everyone about this and his teacher asked me to visit the school because they thought he was lying about the whole thing.

Yes he did polly,ooh polly. I keep saying I will post some pictures of various things/times in my life but I always seem too busy.

Back