• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

REEVES Caroline , Thomas HODGKISS, Frederick WARD

M

Marlene

Kia ora
Not the eternal triangle!

Caroline Reeves was baptised at  St Judes in 1857 daughter of Edward Reeves and wife Sarah.

Caroline married Thomas Hodgkiss  in 1876 and had 2 sons Thomas 1877 &  Edwin 1878.

In September 1880 Thomas Snr died  followed by Edwin in June Qtr 1882.

Caroline remarried to Frederick Ward in December Qtr 1882.

Caroline & Frederick had 2 daughters Ellen in 1887 and Florence in 1890 apparently.
In 1891 the family is living at 28 Phillips St Aston. Thomas is listed as Thomas Ward.

In 1895 Caroline died.

In 1901 Frederick & Florence are living at 8 Millward St Small Heath. Ellen has left home. Thomas may have married Mary Ann Freeman and have a son Norman Ward born 1901.

Does any of this story which I have pieced together sound familiar to a family member, neighbour or friend?

I live in hope of finding a descendant- please make my day!
Marlene in Aotearoa

Back