• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

RAF stationed egypt WW11

cearnegiant

master brummie
I am about to make request for my Dads RAF WW11 service records,He was Armourer fitter.He served in Egypt during the war,Have photos of him in front of the sphinx.Would anyone know what RAF squadrons served in Egypt during the war

I recently applied for my Dad's army record and got a letter back asking if I would prefer my money back as due to a high number of requests it could take up to a year. Have other members had the same thing? Hope the RAF records will arrive a bit quicker for you! Kathy

Oh well I won't bother to apply for uncle Jack's records then. Mind you I learn't a lot caring for him in his old age...bless him!

I recently applied for my Dad's army record and got a letter back asking if I would prefer my money back as due to a high number of requests it could take up to a year. Have other members had the same thing? Hope the RAF records will arrive a bit quicker for you! Kathy
I recently made inquires about my army record, 1948/53 and was asked to send
£35, as the records are not on computer and have to searched for by hand! Is it
worth it I wonder? Bernard

Have just thought my elder brother Arthur spend the war in Egypt, most of the stations were MUs, maintenance units, and were still there in 1951 when I was there. I could name most of them but it
would not be much help! he was in the RAF until *47 I think it was, Bernard

Bernard, Thanks for information. Everyone who served in WW11 and post war deserve our respect.Thanks for your service and hope you OK. Barry

Back