• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

R.h. Burman ltd. Tyburn rd erdinton

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
HI GUYS,
HERE IS A COMPANY THAT SUPPLYED WILMOTT AND BREEDON WITH METALS
AND I BELEIVE THEY SUPPLIED THE AIR CRAFTS INDUSTRIES AS WELL
THIS IS ONE OF THERE OLD INVOICES AND THIS IS THE TYPE THEY USED IN 1954
THROUGH OUT THERE BUSINESS
AS YOU CAN SEE IT WAS DESTINED FOR A COMPANY CALLED
mess,s small electric motors limited BEECHENAM KENT
THIS AS GOT TO COMPANY DIRECTORS NAMES ON IT AS WELL
AND THE COSTING OF MATERIALS SUPLIED TO THEM
THE DIRECTORS NAMES ARE AS FOLLOWS;
A.E MILLNER---- M MILLNER.
I WAS WONDERING WHETHER OR NOT these was any think to do with them being involved with the city councillors;
because at one time in time gone bye i am prety sure there was some-one of inportance to the city
and the reason i come to this conclution is because this big property was ajoining the number of 9o1
tyburn rd erdinton which was many years ago was one of the provisions ware house for the jelfs
coffee house and the point i think there was a councillor or councilors by that name
this burmans factory was 891 and between this building and theres was a walk way through the buildings
and i was told this by the planning deptment about 4 years ago
and this covent as they called it was owned by a couple of councillors and they had a 99 year
hold on it but the planning department told me that the ware house was sold off
by the said then george william jelf a good few years before 1954
and the walk way
but getting back on track regarding this burman ltd.
when i was watching the demo; of 901 ivy dene tyburn rd and the whole of the rear premises
when the demo workers left i went onto the sight and started to rummich
through the rubble and i found quite afew things belonging to my family
and as it was one time the jelfs property i found reciepts for willmotts and other company,s
so i gathered them up. i do have some with the king edwards face this one is elisabeths
and as i know at one time the burman request was on a thread afew years back so i thought it my be of
intrest to some one
i myself would like to hear whom was these millners and where are they from
i hope no-one minds i will attempt to down load the copy of the old receipt
so here we go . best wishes astonian ;;

Back