• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pub Jukebox

Great! A very eclectic collection there, I'm not familiar with some of the titles, might know them if I heard them.
The drum break on the Winstons record Amen Brother is one of the most sampled by other artists over the years - expect you know that!

Great! A very eclectic collection there, I'm not familiar with some of the titles, might know them if I heard them.
The drum break on the Winstons record Amen Brother is one of the most sampled by other artists over the years - expect you know that!

Yes, in fact I put the record in there because of that drum solo - haven't written that disc up yet. Takes me ages to write about them all. The drum break was mentioned on an interesting Radio 4 programme "Add to Playlist," hosted by Cerys Matthews and Jeffrey Boakye. It is broadcast on Friday evening at 19.15hrs for 45 minutes. All previous episodes are available on a variety of podcast platforms, including the BBC and Spotify.

, might know them if I heard them.

I think most of them are available to listen on You Tube. I did start off embedding the videos on the page but it made it quite complicated and sometimes the video or You Tube account hosting the video gets deleted causing more problems. I possibly could provide samples of the really old records as they are out of copyright but I am content with just writing about the songs. I have been collecting records since a very early age, bit of a music trainspotter in some respects but they have brought much pleasure over the years. I still buy lots of new stuff and am always on the lookout for a new sound, mostly from other parts of the globe.

Back