• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Prospect place Hunters Road

Robert Dyer

Does anyone have a map showing the area called Prospect Place that was off Hunters Road and was close to the Bridge Tavern? My grandfather worked at Savilles Ltd that was located at the end of Prospect Alley I am working on his life story as part of our family history. Also if anyone has any info on Saville's Ltd that would be a bonus.
Thanks

Hi, map attached, Bridge Tavern was No. 18 but Prospect Place not marked.

Attachments

• hunters-road-handsworth.jpg
    hunters-road-handsworth.jpg
    759.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Savilles location is mentioned here Page 4 post 73

This book may be worth looking at

Last edited:
if you use the search box there are a couple of photos of the bridge tavern that i managed to find

lyn

I have moved these posts to a new thread as this is a different Prospect Place
In the 1950 Kellys Saville's (1902 Ltd) is listed as finings manufacturers in Hunters Road., next to the Bath Tavern. So The building on Brummy lad's map saying "Beer fining works" would be Savilles. The un-named year in which it it is would be Prospect place. Incidentally on the 1880s map it is marked as court 2.
Incidentally for the benefit of other searchers this is complicated by the fact that in the 1950s and early 60s there was a G Saville, scrap metal merchants at Prospect Place, Prospect Row !!

Hi, map attached, Bridge Tavern was No. 18 but Prospect Place not marked.
Thanks for the prompt reply and map. I found a newspaper article relating to a fire in February 1915 that gutted the factory next door and also nearly took out Saville’s.

Last edited:
Thanks for the prompt reply and map. I found a newspaper article relating to a fire in February 1915 that gutted the factory next door and also took out Saville’s.
in the photo i mentioned of the bridge tavern you can see down the side of it which led to savilles

lyn

Back