• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Private Message or Conversation

suemalings

master brummie
I cannot see anywhere that shows me where or how to send a PM. I have tried opening my name in the top right corner of the screen but there is no option for sending a PM. Can someone explain how I start a conversation please?

I cannot see anywhere that shows me where or how to send a PM. I have tried opening my name in the top right corner of the screen but there is no option for sending a PM. Can someone explain how I start a conversation please?
click on members avitar/user name and you will see start convertation, click that. hope this helps

Last edited:
Well I am note sure if I am doing this right! Each time I click on my user name, whether it be in the top right corner, or on the purple S, all I get is a list asking how I want to open the file (link new window etc, that's right click) and left click does not give me the box that you showed me (although I have seen that before) I just seem to get the date I joined number of messages etc.

Click on the name of the person you want to send the message to.
Not all people "allow conversations".

Last edited:
sue you have to click on the user name of the member who you want to send a private message to....not your own name

lyn

With the version of Windows 11 I'm running, the right click on a members name does not work, I get the same list as as Sue gets. edit (Why did I right click :rolleyes: a left click works ok !!)

The method I use is to left click the envelope icon to the right of my name top right and then left click 'start conversation'. It then asks you to type the member's name and as soon as the first letter is typed a list of members appears to click on.

I can put screenshots on if required.

Last edited:
With the version of Windows 11 I'm running, the right click on a members name does not work, I get the same list as as Sue gets. edit (Why did I right click :rolleyes: a left click works ok !!)

The method I use is to left click the envelope icon to the right of my name top right and then left click 'start conversation'. It then asks you to type the member's name and as soon as the first letter is typed a list of members appears to click on.

I can put screenshots on if required.
Interesting, I recently changed from W10 to W11 and saw no difference. Must have gotten lucky!

Back