• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

PRICE - birth abroad- father army service 1925

T

Tim PRICE

One of my Aunts Dorothy Evelyn PRICE was born abroad in Wiesbaden or Cologne, Germany 17th Feb 1925; whilst my GF Wm H PRICE was stationed there in the Military Mounted Police.

Would a Birth certificate for her be recorded in the normal UK registers etc. ? I have looked on Ancestry but can't find anything as of yet.

Previous UK address for GF & GM Gladys Amelia PRICE ( Nee WARD) was 16 Lea Brook Hill (or Square? ), Ocker Hill, Tipton 1920 when they were married. But GA then had children at various UK Army Camps, so may not have a Midlands address in 1925.

TimP

i am on my last couple of days for subscription to findmypast and had a quick look.

in the gro army birth indices

dorothy e price cologne 1925 page 565

dont know how you send for it

perhaps someone else will know!

chris

Great thanks Chris - I owe you one!

If anyone can confirm whether you can send to GRO as normal for these would be appreciated.

TimP

You can order the certificate from the GRO. Look to the right of the home page for 'Order overseas certificates'.

Doug

Back