• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Possible Cemetery Harding Street

Aussie Lady

Hoping someone can assist me. A death and Burial Transcription with the burial date of 22 January 1861 shows Burial Place as Birmingham and Street Address as Harding Street. Would this have been where the cemetery was? Thanks in advance.

hi aussie lady and welcome...from memory i think harding st was later changed to moorsom st which was off summer lane which was in the parish of st george...could you give us the name of the person who died please..it is possible that the burial took place at the nearby st georges church and although the church has been demolished the graveyard still remains

lyn

Last edited:
There don't appear to be any burials at St George's on January 22nd 1861. The record jumps from 20th to 23rd.

Is it by any chance this entry?
1669025957007.png

If correct then the burial record was at All Saints Church Hockley

If so then the church was demolished in 1966 but I am not sure what happened to any graves.

Last edited:
hi aussie lady and welcome...from memory i think harding st was later changed to moorsom st which was off summer lane which was in the parish of st george...could you give us the name of the person who died please..it is possible that the burial took place at the nearby st georges church and although the church has been demolished the graveyard still remains

lyn
Is it by any chance this entry?
View attachment 175265

If correct then the burial record was at All Saints Church Hockley

If so then the church was demolished in 1966 but I am not sure what happened to any graves.
Th anks Janice. Yes that is the record. I didn't continue far enough. It seems the family lived in Harding Street. Many thank for your help

Back