• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Porter Nathanial

jpritcha

proper brummie kid
Good Afternoon All, I am hoping that someone or Nathanial Porter's ancestors will read this post. On my family tree Nathaniel Porter a Clog Maker born around 1759 Married a Ann Roberts born around 1774 on the 18/6/1795 Edgbaston Church Birmingham, although other researches say he came from here, I couldn't find it. Nathaniel Porter died 8/1/1844 (aged 85) 61 Park Street Birmingham St. Peters Church. with Edward Thomas in attendance (son-in-law). His wife Ann died back of 23 Great charles Street Birmingham aged 65, in attendance her daughter Caroline Thomas (nee Porter) date 6/7/1839, St. Paul's Church Birmingham (county of Warwick). Would love to make contact with any members of this family to find out more their past.
Regards,
Janet

Unfortunately, that is a classic (and annoying) dead-end - ancestor listed on the 1841 census, not born where they are living and dead before 1851. Made worse by living in a city.

The temptation is if you find someone with matching name and age born somewhere else (the closer the better) to use them and many people do without any proof. Frustrating though it is, you should just accept that, unless more information comes to light, that line has gone as far as it can.

But hopefully something will.

Good Morning pjmburns thanks for your help and the marriage record, I happen to have this copy, still searching and hoping that their children or grandchildren may search for the records. Thanking you once again, I always wonder about the words out of County?? perhaps it was different back then, and things do change.
Regards,
Janet

Back