• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Piggot Street

Steve there is a message about the photos lost when the forum was hacked into. Many have been replaced but some of the original posters are no longer with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
steve i can re post my orignal pic...

piggot st looking down from the accident hospital...no date...

pic courtesy of carl chinn

When we lived down piggot street it was cobbled, I remember the milk mans horse try to stop by our entry, there was no grip.

When we lived down piggot street it was cobbled, I remember the milk mans horse try to stop by our entry, there was no grip.
You must have lived opposite 44 Pigott St or close to-My friends Raymond Walker and Michael Lloyd lived on your side of the road -did you know them?

Bill Marks(known as Tosh sometimes)

Hi, we lived at the back of 21 so 44 would be further down the road on the other side, my friends in piggot st was Michael Garrett at number 19 and Roysten Rolls who lived near the top. I think I remember a family called Tosh and Pratt up Owen street.

Hi, we lived at the back of 21 so 44 would be further down the road on the other side, my friends in piggot st was Michael Garrett at number 19 and Roysten Rolls who lived near the top. I think I remember a family called Tosh and Pratt up Owen street.
Hi Steve

Good memories eh
I remember the Pratts too just past Cleeve Terrace a very large family and quite rough--I went to St Thomas's School so did my wife her name was Diane Bull
Of course even though I was part of the Tosh family my own name was Bill Marks because my stepfather was a Tosh.There was Maureen Pat Irene John David - Stafford who they now call Frank and Margaret who we lost when she was 50.
As kids we used to play up the country road Elvetham and Pakenham the posh side of Edgbaston--Of course we had the local shops at the bottom of the hill.
Do you remember Davenports we used to do bashes and jump across the gaps within the high walls that dropped down to the lower level. Teachers at St Thomas's were Miss Chapman Miss Price Miss Williams Mr Potter Bate Jones headmaster Miss Drew and many more.
A lot of water past under the bridge since then-We my wife and I now live in Stonnall a village just north of Birmingham

Hi Steve

Good memories eh
I remember the Pratts too just past Cleeve Terrace a very large family and quite rough--I went to St Thomas's School so did my wife her name was Diane Bull
Of course even though I was part of the Tosh family my own name was Bill Marks because my stepfather was a Tosh.There was Maureen Pat Irene John David - Stafford who they now call Frank and Margaret who we lost when she was 50.
As kids we used to play up the country road Elvetham and Pakenham the posh side of Edgbaston--Of course we had the local shops at the bottom of the hill.
Do you remember Davenports we used to do bashes and jump across the gaps within the high walls that dropped down to the lower level. Teachers at St Thomas's were Miss Chapman Miss Price Miss Williams Mr Potter Bate Jones headmaster Miss Drew and many more.
A lot of water past under the bridge since then-We my wife and I now live in Stonnall a village just north of Birmingham

Hi, can I ask your date of birth just to check that we are the same age group, I am 66. I remember a lad on the corner of Owen street called junior do you remember him. We live in Lichfield. Steve.

Hi, can I ask your date of birth just to check that we are the same age group, I am 66. I remember a lad on the corner of Owen street called junior do you remember him. We live in Lichfield. Steve.

Hi Steve
My age is slightly older I am 71 but my brothers and sisters the Tosh,s are all around your age Pat is 66 Irene 65 John 64

Hi Steve
My age is slightly older I am 71 but my brothers and sisters the Tosh,s are all around your age Pat is 66 Irene 65 John 64
Hi Skid, like I thought you are around 5 years older, that's a big difference when your 6/7 years old. What number did you live at.steve

Hi Skid, like I thought you are around 5 years older, that's a big difference when your 6/7 years old. What number did you live at.steve

Steve
I lived at 44 Pigott St last house before Owen St on the left going up the hill - Family known as Tosh's

I lived for a short while in Piggot st and went to school there for about 3 mths The war put paid to that though Cheers Old Brummy

You must have lived opposite 44 Pigott St or close to-My friends Raymond Walker and Michael Lloyd lived on your side of the road -did you know them?

Bill Marks(known as Tosh sometimes)

Hi Bill, Michael Lloyd here, just found this site, glad to see that your still around. Im struggling to put a face to your name, we had great times when we were kids, especially when Mr Gazey took us on this old motorbike and side car to the allotment. Also can you remember Johnny Baker and Jimmy Wilson who lived in Owen Street?

re: pigott street and mrl

Johnny Baker is alive and well! He remembers Michael Lloyd. Were you old friends or just knew each other from school etc?

Hy steve lived at 1 back of ninteen name of dawsontony lesley roger my memory s
Are not so good tin baths no kichen or hot water outside toilets but whe wher happy

my name is lesley nee dawson/i lived at 2 /20pigott st then up the yard 4/21i remember your family maureen was my friend we were always up the roads u mentioned scrumping apples andpicking flowersfor our moms usually with your siblings in tow i have so many memories to share but am new to this ,had so much hassle logging inplease please reply if u get this my user name is lesley chinery

irember u michael my name was lesley dawson welived 2/20 pigott st brothers peter tony and roger i have fond memories of when we were all kids names and past times would be nice to remonise lesley

Back