• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Photo's of Hope Street School, Help please!

mandybrown

proper brummie kid
Hi,

I am looking for help in identifying the faces in the following pictures. These pics were given to me by my cousin Jeanette Williams who went to Hope Street School 1950/55. She is the tall one!
She remembers, Pat Vaughan, Shirley,Susan Collins,Rita,and Ann.
Teacher Mr Smith.

Any help appreciated
MandyIMG.jpgIMG_0001.jpg

Hello Mandy,

Came across your post recently. WOW....to see a pic of my mother so young. You can only imagine the experience I had on opening it. I see it's an oldish post, I hope you get notification of it. OK...(1st pic) the little girl in centre at bottom is Anne Collins, who lived in Varna Road. And again in 2nd pic, bottom second from left. She was very good friends with a girl called Jackie Brown who lived in Hope Street but is not in the pics. I also noticed the name (Pat Vaughan) who has been talked about in family before, who I believe (may be wrong) went on holiday to Australia one time and brought back a toy Koala bear and gave to my mother. That same bear is still around and in the safe hands of my sister. Unfortunately my mother is no longer with us. But thanks so much for posting the pics and in fantastic quality as well. Best wishes Henry.

Hi,

I am looking for help in identifying the faces in the following pictures. These pics were given to me by my cousin Jeanette Williams who went to Hope Street School 1950/55. She is the tall one!
She remembers, Pat Vaughan, Shirley,Susan Collins,Rita,and Ann.
Teacher Mr Smith.

Any help appreciated
MandyView attachment 80079View attachment 80080
In the all girls picture the teacher on the left is Miss Murray.

Back