• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Peter Bertrand Williams, Birmingham College of Food

Psb18!

Re: Birmingham College of Food

Peter Bertrand Williams who taught English from approximately the late 1950's till 1963.

Thank you for letting me join this forum. Admin please delete if this is not allowed!

Just wondering if anyone on this site remembers my father Peter Williams who taught at the Birmingham College of Food from approximately the late 1950's until his final twelve months when he taught English at the George Salter Academy, West Bromwich until his tragic early death in a car accident in August 1964 at the age of 32. Hoping someone might have a photograph or remembers 'Peter Bertrand Williams' who originally came from Wrexham? Or there may be archive records & photographs or year books from this time. Any information would help me on my quest trying to piece together his short life history. I contacted the 'George Salter Academy' & was told that the school had a huge fire many years ago & vital archives & records were sadly lost! I have no idea how to contact the 'Birmingham College of Food' Thank you in advance

Apart from a number of reports about his accident there appear to be a couple of mentions of him in the Western Mail (Cardiff ?) 1951 and 1957. In the first it lists the pupils who had passed exams (Park Boys' Grammar School) and the second it lists teachers and their subjects but I can't see the school from the search result.

Apart from a number of reports about his accident there appear to be a couple of mentions of him in the Western Mail (Cardiff ?) 1951 and 1957. In the first it lists the pupils who had passed exams (Park Boys' Grammar School) and the second it lists teachers and their subjects but I can't see the school from the search result.
Hi MWS...Please could you let me know where you found all this information...I'd be very grateful for any further details ...thank you

Newspapers are available on findmypast and other places. You can search them just by registering but you need a subscription to see a scan of the paper. From what I can see there doesn't appear to be much more than a list of names for the 1951 and 1957 mentions.

1957 June 25 Western Mail is listing Welsh degree passes for Bangor and in the section under Faculty of Art Peter Bertrand Williams (English)

In 1951 Pass list for Advanced General Education Art. Wrexham Grove Park Boys Grammar School….P. B. Williams

Peter seems to be living in Wrexham at the time of his death, and from at least 1951 is associated with Wales.

Back