• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Penguin Club Aston

Patty

master brummie
Does anyone remember going to the Penguin Club by the Villa grounds?
It caused a bit of a fuss at the time as it had live penguins in a glass cage. We all thought we were very up market going there. It didn't last long and then it changed to the Bowling Alley were I spent many happy nights.

I started a thread about the penguin club last year but since it hasn't been used for a long time Rod's probably deleted it
The opening act was Matt Monro.
I think it was supposed to be Brum's answer to the Bunny Club in London but it was in the wrong area, if it had been in the city centre it might have fared better

I saw a wonderful show there it was Dave Allen rest in peace what a show :2funny:

Also Bowled there 7 days a week :)

Was the Penguin Club in the former Florida Rooms next door to the Holte pub? I must confess I had never heard of the Penguin Club, must have been opened after I was married.

the penguin club ;D doomed before it got started, the florida,the less said the better eh girls?
the holte today

Back