• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

PDF Images - how to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hughes

master brummie
I have a image on Pdf which will not post,how do I convert to JPG or JPeg etc
Regards
John Hughes

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: posting a image on the forum

If you are using Windows why not get the pdf image on your screen and take a screen shot with either shift+prt scr or use the Windows Snip tool and then save as a jpg. You can then upload the jpg to the forum.

Last edited:

I've just noticed that Adobe Reader has a built in tool which automatically copies a selected page or area to the clip board.
If the magnification is set to 100% and the cursor is dragged over a page it will automatically copy that page.
If the cursor is only dragged over an image it will copy the image.
From the clip board, the selection can be pasted into a photo editor and saved as a jpg.

Snow and car 001.jpgJust did this no problem, Summer in Colorado USA John Crump

What am I doing wrong.I have raised the image and made it 100% passed the cursor over it and clicked on the paper
clip.what is supposed to happen now?what is a photo editor.
Regards
JH

I have just tried another method of extracting an image from a pdf using Windows 7

1. Get the pdf file on screen with the image showing
2. Left click on the image you want - it should go dark - it is highlighted.
3. Now right click on the image and a small dialogue box 'copy image' should appear
4. Left click on the small 'copy image' box and the image will be copied into your computer memory.
5. Open a photo editor program. I use 'Paintshop Pro' but you can use the built in Windows 'Paint' program, I've checked this.
6. With Windows Paint on screen, use it's paste command to paste the image - it will appear.
7. Use the 'Save as' command to save the image as a jpg image file.
8. You now have a jpg file which can be uploaded to the forum.

If you want the whole page of the pdf then you have to take 'screen shots' and methods of doing this are mentioned elsewhere on the forum.

Regards
oldmohawk

I have just converted a pdf to jpg using this online site (free) https://pdf2jpg.net/ very simple to do. No downloading of anything at all except the result. This is what I have just done.

Warning. Do not try to buy anything from Cube, they went bust a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• new computer invoice-page-001.jpg
    new computer invoice-page-001.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

there are 2 ways I can alter file types (a) using my built in 'paint' by clicking 'save as' or (b) utilising my downloaded 'Windows Live Photo Gallery' by clicking 'copy'. Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back