• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Paupers Graves...Key Hill

loisand

master brummie
Could anybody please tell or advise where I could find a list of the people that were buried in pauper graves at Key Hill please. I am looking for 1960-1972. Also would this cemetery cover Buckingham Street, if not have you any idea what cemetery did cover that area, agin looking for paupers graves. Thankyou in advance :(

I' sorry to say there are no paupers graves in Key Hill - they have some Public graves - you had to pay to be buried - no free burials unless you were staff.
AllKey Hill burials are ore indexed on the MMSGH site or post the names ans Me & Wendy will try and find out. Also mary in the Tourist Info office in Vyse St has a disk, ands Handsworth cemetery hold the master records.

There are Paupers graves in handsworth cemetery - I would try there first. They may have some at Witton, I'm not sure, Handsworth may know which cemeteries did Paupers.

Brian

Hi Postie, thankyou, I have never been to far away, still looked in every day but not logged in, missed you to and I'm so glad to see that the forum is running smooth and under your control!!

Thankyou Brian, perhaps I was getting the wrong end of the stick and it is a public grave I'm after. The name I'm after is Arthur Baker, and there were stacks of that name in Birmingham, which is just typical, he died 1962 aged around 59 years of age, his last resisdence would have been Buckingham Street. I have already acquired 1 death certificate for an Arthur Baker around that time but when we got it it was Hall Green area. This is the start of a long journey to find out more about this man whom we are led to believe is my hubbys real father, on hubbys birth certificate there is no father listed. If you require any other names of the household I would have to pm you!!!! Thankyou for the help you can give xx

Hi Loisand

just checked BMSGH website - 4 Arthur bakers in Key Hill - 1851, 1856, 1858, 1939 plus one Arthur James 1887.

Have a word with Handsworth in case he's in there 0121-554-0096

Good luck in your search

.........................This is the start of a long journey to find out more about this man whom we are led to believe is my hubbys real father...........
loisand,
Good luck with your search - I hope you manage to find the grave and the answers you and your hubby are looking for..
Best wishes
Polly

Brian ...thankyou for taking the time to look for me, I will give that number a ring next week to see if they can help.
Polly...thankyou for the kind words, it's just getting the start then I think we will be well away with our search, when nobody wishes to speak about it or the situation we are kind of up a "gum tree", still perceverance will eventually pay of and I'm noy going to give up on this, I will keep knocking away at the puzzle!!!

Back