1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. All of the moderators are working very hard to tidy up the Forum posts, as you can imagine 14 years tidying takes a lot of time. Quite a bit of this is taken up with off topic posts It would be helpful in future if members could keep their posts relevant to the thread Title,those that are not will be deleted. Thanks.

Palais De Danse and Assembly Rooms

Discussion in 'Place related enquiries' started by Humph3, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Humph3

Humph3 Guest

Palais De Danse, Ladywood and Assembly Rooms

Has anyone any pictures or information about the above? My mother and father used to go to these places as indicated in my mother's diary, before they married in 1928, Any help would be nice, thanks.

regards
    Humph

2. pollypops

pollypops master brummie

Hi Humph,
    There is a photo/memories of the Palais de Danse on this site - at the moment I can't remember where they are. I shall have a search for you.

Polly :)

3. pollypops

pollypops master brummie

4. mike-g

mike-g Guest

5. Humph3

Humph3 Guest

HI,

Thanks for your help, I have been unable to find a picture or anymore information on the web. Nothing at all about the Assembly rooms either,
    but thanks all the same

Humph

6. Phil

Phil Moderator & Retired Layabout Staff Member

Humph3

Here is a photo of the Palais de Danse on Monument Rd in Ladywood. I also have a photo of the Assembly Rooms on The corner Of Hagely Rd and Francis Rd somewhere, I will try to look it out.

Phil

[​IMG]

7. Phil

Phil Moderator & Retired Layabout Staff Member

Humph3

I knew I had a photo of the Assembly Rooms somewhere. this is it, I hope the two photos are what you are looking for.

Phil

[​IMG]

8. jennyann

jennyann Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for posting those photos Phil. My Mother used to go dancing at the Palais and talked about it often. I have never seen a photo of either the Assembly Rooms or the Palais itself.

9. Humph3

Humph3 Guest

Phil,

Thanks, That's great, just what I was after and if you ever come across interior views, I would love to see them.

Regards
    Humph

10. pollypops

pollypops master brummie

Sorry Humph, I have just found the photo I was thinking of and it was of people dancing in the Masque Ballroom - I got the two confused.:rolleyes::(

I will keep a look out for a photo for you.

Polly :)

11. pollypops

pollypops master brummie

12. Humph3

Humph3 Guest

Thanks Polly,

That's good of you