• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Packwood House

Hello Mike,

Sounds as though you had a right old time with this one but much appreciated and many thanks...

Neville.

Are you sure this photo below is Packwood House?

I know it was posted above in March 2017 but I have only just seen it.

It is not a view of it that I recognise.

Guilbert53 - Yes - You are totally right - must have been wrongly labelled. - Thanks for pointing this out.
Picture deleted from this thread.

#11 - Packwood House - Aerial View
#11 - Packwood House - Aerial View.jpg

#12 - Packwood House - West Front
#12 - Packwood House - West Front.jpg

#13 - Packwood House - South East
#13 - Packwood House - South East.jpg

#14 - Packwood House
#14 - Packwood House.JPG

We lived next door to a Packwood family in Yardley, but not direct relatives, Rode my bike out to The Packwood house many times

Hello Im near to this forum and I wanted to add to this thread , My grandad was the head gardener and the chauffeur at Packwood house , his wife my grandma was the Lord and Lady's nanny . My grandad, grandma, my mum and aunty (who are identical twins) all lived in the servants quarters.. If you look at the front there is a big green door/gate on the left of this door/gate there are several small windows this was were my family lived.. My mum has told me that they used to run around the maze which was bigger then with the other children..My mum also told me that my grandad used to cut the tall trees by hand with Topiary shears... When I visit Packwood I walk around and try to imagine my family living there my mum tells me the tree's looked better when her father looked after them it makes me smile ..

:eek:)
Hi Amanda what year was your grandad the head gardner at Packwood. I volunteer there and found this fascinating

Interesting article about Packwood house. I am interested in the Joseph Ash connection. I don't know who the author of the article was but I got the impression that they may have worked at Ash and Lacy sometime. Is this correct?
Yes Graham Baron Ash grandad started the company called Ash he then joined forces with a Mr Lacy and therefore the company Ash and Lacey was formed. Then his father took over when his dad passed away . In 1925 Mr Ash passed away and Graham Baron Ash sold his shares in the company.

Hi Amanda what year was your grandad the head gardner at Packwood. I volunteer there and found this fascinating
amanda has not posted since she made that post in 2012 she is still a member so hopefully may pick up your post and reply

lyn

Back