• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Packwood House

Mike, if this was an originally hacked file and it's anything like the image files, you may need to change the file name slightly before posting to get it to work.

Chris

Hi Mike - I managed to download your latest file attachment. If anyone does not have Word then it should open in Libre Office which is a free download.

The last one also now opens for me, Mike, in an iPad. (Although it wouldn't twenty minutes ago when I first tried it). The others still won't.

Chris

I've got Word 2010, so I've saved it as a pdf. Double-click here to display the pdf. it should help people who want to open it on a tablet. There are pdf reader apps available if you don't have one already. You could even read it on a Kindle :)

If you want to know how to upload a pdf, the instructions are here

Last edited:
Interesting article about Packwood house. I am interested in the Joseph Ash connection. I don't know who the author of the article was but I got the impression that they may have worked at Ash and Lacy sometime. Is this correct?

First WHY WAS IT CALLED PACKWOOD HOUSE anyone know? in 1871 Eliz CRUMP very interesting? Wonder if she is a relative to my family? Made many visits to the Packwood House. lived next door to some Packwoods on Moat Lane in Yardley. John Crump OldBrit. Parker. Co USA

Last edited:
Back