• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pacifism in Birmingham’s history

I just read a couple of articles on West Midlands History. One by Jenny Uglow was insightful.
Separately I thought there were many other historical article including about the Lunar Society. If this has been covered previously, my apologies for being redundant.
Are you able to forward it on?
CG

Apparently the factory was in Steelhouse lane, near to the Kettel's steelhouses. But there are no indications as to exactly where . Certainly there are no buildings of that age in Steelhouse lane now extant.

Apparently the factory was in Steelhouse lane, near to the Kettel's steelhouses. But there are no indications as to exactly where . Certainly there are no buildings of that age in Steelhouse lane now extant.
Ok great thank you . Would the tower in London have information on the Galton’s or copies of arm’s records.

CG

I doubt if they would have records, There might be some information. but I think most material is now at the Royal Armories Museum in Leeds, so would think thta would be a better place to contact, though they are all part of the same organisation

Ok great thank you . Would the tower in London have information on the Galton’s or copies of arm’s records.

CG
Ya know it surprises me that the picture of Sam is there but not his dad John . I believe it was John who funded Barclays Bank and hsbc .

There is a thread entitled The Galtons, what a family...

Back