• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Opposite Lock Club

Used to be a member of the Opposite Lock for a number of years in the mid 1970s. A great club. She t many happy hours there on Thursday, Friday's and Saturday nights. Was a proud owner of an Opposite Lock car sticker which was displayed on my TR7.
Happy Days

Loved the place. Only a member for a year or two while I lived in Solihull (1969-1971).
Had some fantastic times there. I seem to recall a minimal Count Basie band
playing there one night and a couple of other memorable people who's names I can't recall.
Subsequently moved to Coventry and a couple of years later, moved back down south.
A year or so later, we were devastated when The Tavern in the Town and the Mulberry Bush were bombed.
We used to go to one or the other every Saturday for lunch.
Still love Birmingham, but it's been 50+ years since, but I still have a soft spot for it.
Good luck Brum.

Saw Manard Ferguson “Ex Stan Kenton band” at the Opposite Lock, I had never heard the trumpet played so well, and never heard it played as good since. wow what a horn player.

Back