• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

old letters and cards.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
:)Can't find anywhere else to post these. But I thought someone out there would like to look at them.:)

Have found yet another lovely card this afternoon, and some more old photo's. The first I am afraid I have no clue on. The card is self explanitory. Jean.

Jean,
Glad you posted some more, I wouldn't have seen the first ones otherwise. They are all lovely.
Ann

Love the card of Blackpool Jean, hope the weather didn't change while they were out in the rowing boats.
You must be like me I have old cards and just can't recycle them. They are in a box, I should put them in an album I guess.

Mo I am putting them in my photo album under old cards birth certs etc. I have 7 folders so far with pets family caravan holidays etc. It's taken two days so far. Must the new ones of Brad on. Bye. Jean.

Mo maybe that would have been the day my aunt Nells hat blew off but I think it was before I was born. Jean.

You are wonderful Jean, I have thrown so much away over the years. Lead a gypsy lifestyle so just had to be ruthless.

Holy Trinity Church, Birchfield and The New promenade College & Parish Church, Aberystwyth.

These are the backs of the two cards one with bells and the other with a girls face and happy birthday. Jean.

Beautiful postcards Jean - I do feel that old post cards have a special appeal.

Keep them coming Jean

keith

Nice to see those old postcards Jean,
We had quite a few, as when we were first married,
I was working all over the UK,and I always sent my wife a card from each town,sadly we had a clear out and got rid of most of them
dennis

That is a shame Dennis. My Aunt Floss kept everything most of which were in old cake and buscuit tins. It is the message on the back of the cards that means so much. You can look at their photo's and read their words. Bye. Jean.

A good luck card to my grandfather Leon Crutchley (Handley) who was a contortionist and part of a comedy act. I've also attached a photo of my grandfather taken of his act. If you look closely you'll see his head is facing downwards and his body upwards.

Back