• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old baby prams

That gives "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Alf.

Here's an early me in an early pram at Walton on Naze, where relatives George and Doris Hall were the town bakers.

Lloyd what a cute picture, you were an adorable baby, my mother use to push me around in a yellow wicker pram she bought in Germany it was a 2ft deep pram so she would put pillows in it my sister and i use to push each other around in it when we were 5 and 9 yrs old ... i had a doll pram that was made of the some material ...annie

This is one of cousin Trevor from Dover. He is uncle Fred's son who Alberta traced for me. Jean.

A bit different to the £600 Quiney stroller that I am about to buy for my future grandchild.( I volunteered before I knew the price,big mouth)
For those who don't know them they are a bit like an expensive golf trolley LOL.

Hello All,

Seeing all these dolls prams reminds me. It seems years since I saw a little girl playing with a doll and pram. I cannot remember seeing dolls prams in the toy shops these days although I do see dolls.

Is this the result of the equality fanatics who think that girls should not be encouraged to do girlie things, instead they should play football like the boys.
Or am I a cynical old bean?

Old Boy

this is myself, my older sister pat and my little brother peter in his pram, about 1954

old boy, little girls normally have a toy pushchair these days - i presume because thats all that babies usually travel in now.

this is myself, my older sister pat and my little brother peter in his pram, about 1954

old boy, little girls normally have a toy pushchair these days - i presume because thats all that babies usually travel in now.

You haven't changed Chris.
You couldn't leave prams about when I was a kid, I'd nick the wheels for me Goies.

When Di posted the photo on the Forum before I realised that my Mom and Dad lived there at the same time 1934/35 they moved in there the day they got married
Morning Froth

This is a photo of me (the second user) in my pram with my brother(the first user) at the back of me and his friend to the front.Taken in 1941

The next one is of my half brother (the 3rd user), in the same pram, 12 years later.

(The grumpy looking one is the same brother who was on the first picture only this time he was a "teenager with attitude" by the looks of him!!! The handsome one is my lovely stepfather.)

The pram, that lasted all those years, was a Tansad.

I am so glad Annie started this thread as it has brought up some fantastic old photo's of children in their prams. My goodness me have they changed. Imagine going over the cobble stones in the older versions without any springs. Bet it gave the baby a headache. Jean.

Thanks Len that is very interesting will take another look later when I can sit down and concentrate. TTFN. Jean.

These photos were taken in 1959.

Me holding my first born son.
His pram was a pale blue with navy hood apron and bag by Pedigree. The body lifted of to reveal a fold down pushchair.
It was very heavy but the "BOGOF" was very useful.:0))

Back