• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Ode to a Handsworth Lady

gingerjon

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN R.I.P.
this in not mine but found in an old envelope circa 1936 I would like to share it with you I hope you like

John I would very much like to read this poem - perhaps because it was written on blue paper I found it difficult to read -

Could you please type it - I am sure it must be a sweet gentle poem

Ive edited the poem picture hopefully it can be read a little easier hope you dont mind John

cheers Rod as I had no problems reading myself so I thought it was OK
is it OK now Beryl

Beryl,

I found John's poem photos quite easy to read. Are you clicking the image once it opens to make it bigger?

Although I didn't have to use it in this instance, I also have a Zoom add-on to my Firefox browser, which enables me to increase the size of web images by up to 400%.

Thanks Rod - perfect now John

A sweet gentle poem it is for a 21sr Birthday -

The person who wrote it must have been the very dearest of friends to express so much feeling

Back