• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nsu Quickley

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
Hi.all, just found a nsu quickley for sale,what a nice old moped.any one remember these. mopeds pete

ger22van.hello ernie.i am tempted to have it but would i ever use it .It is a motor assisted push bike at the end of the day. pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete. I guess its like the electric bike, too small an engine and also the electric bike will not give you constant power.
PS if I suddenly disappear I have had instructions to make coffee @ 4
PPS I like the look of it, probably just about what I can handle.

Last edited:
ernie.it is now a toy.are you telepathic or what?were i have been today,my mate as a electric bike.he travels all day on a charge. pete

Pete. I like the Mrs disability scooter, when I open it to full throttle it will go about 7 mile an hour and thats faster than I can move on my legs. I ride it out to the pavement when she go'es out and then thats as far as I can use it DRAT.

Re NSU Quickly, I bought one in 1966 second hand for £5. It was cream in colour and was a 2 stroke. Every 20 miles or so the plug became sooty and I had to stop, wait for it to cool, take it out, clean it with a wire brush and put it back. It went at a reasonable speed for a young lady who wanted independence and not to be tied to buses that finished before I was ready to go home. I sold it for a Honda 50 which was much more reliable.

An interesting company, when I hear that nmae I immediately think about the NSU Ro 80 the first production car witha Wankel rotary engine. I believe NSU became part of what we now know as Audi.

Back