• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

NEWTON ROAD, Sparkhill

the only bend in the road is here...the road to the right is hendon road

lyn

A Great photo. I lived most of the early part of my life in Newton Road and always remember the shop on the corner of Hendon Road as being owned and run by Mrs Shipman. I would guess that the photo was taken in the early 1900s. Like the horse and cart at the bottom of the road.
Frank M

A Great photo. I lived most of the early part of my life in Newton Road and always remember the shop on the corner of Hendon Road as being owned and run by Mrs Shipman. I would guess that the photo was taken in the early 1900s. Like the horse and cart at the bottom of the road.
Frank M
yes its a lovely old photo frank and i would agree with you about the date or there abouts...nice to see mrs shipmans shop is still there as well..looks like a lady tending her front garden on the right and i think that could we a waste paper basket attached to the lamp post on the left

lyn

Back