• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Newspapers : Free Birmingham newspapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcaduran

knowlegable brummie
Anybody remember or know the name of the local (I think free) newspaper that had a game where you had to find a little stickman in the pages?

Anybody remember or know the name of the local (I think free) newspaper that had a game where you had to find a little stickman in the pages?
I can recall that a weekly magazine had such a figure hidden in it's pages somewhere. It was either Reveille, Tit Bits or something like that.

Apparently in 1984 the Birmingham Daily News came out as Europe's first free newspaper.
In 1991 we had Birmingham Metro News
Finally in 1999 we had the METRO which was given free to commuters travelling by public transport.

Long before that, late 1950s early 60s RobT we had a free newspaper in Brum which I think was called The Planet, I haven't been able to find anything about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back