• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My Son's Charity Open Mic Night Dec 6th

lindyloo

master brummie
Hi Folks,
My youngest son, Joe, runs an Open Mic Night every Thursday at my Brother and Sister-in-Laws Pub in Solihull.
(The Harvester, Tanhouse Farm Road, off Old Lode Lane..not far from The Wheatsheaf)
On Thursday 6th Dec, he is running the Open Mic as a Charity Night to raise funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care, in memory of his Dad who passed away in 2008.
Astoness suggested I post the flyer :fat: to see if anyone would be interested in coming along either as an Act, a member of the audience or just a supporter of the charity...

As well as the performers, there will be an Auction, a Raffle, a Cake Stall and donation buckets. I also believe Andy Bennett from Ocean Colour Scene is hoping to be there to do a few numbers !!

Hope you dont mind me posting this...just my way of helping my son Joe, who I am extremely proud of :fat:

OR ..If anyone fancies coming along on a normal thursday, or knows anyone that would like the chance to perform to an audience..young or not so young and all in between..singing, guitar playing (or both) or other instrument playing..magician, comedy act..etc You will be more than welcome..Please see the flyer for details.

Marie Curie OMN 2012.jpg
It would be great to meet anyone who can make it there on the 6th or any Thursday..If you would like the Facebook link please let me know and I will send it in a PM xxx

Normally we don't encourage advertising, of any type, but seeing as this is a good cause and is for charity, we will allow it this time.
Good luck with it.

Hope it's a great success for you Lindy, hope you raise lots of money.

Just to let you know how it all went .. Joe's night raised just over £1,300 for Marie Curie Cancer Care... so proud of Joe and his wonderful friends, who helped him throughout the night.. also Really grateful to the folks that came along to perform...to all those who donated such wonderful prizes...and to all those who supported the event by giving over their hard earned cash... !! :fat:

lindy what a wonderful charity night and im sure that marie curie cancer care are going to benifit greatly from the money raised..please tell joe well done from me i know how hard he has worked...

well done joe...:encouragement:

lyn

Well done Joe what a great example to our young folk. I am so pleased it went well and what a fantastic amount raised which couldn't go to a better cause. Thanks form us all on the forum.

Back