• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

my family names in Aston

M

margeric

hi everyone,  I am researching the Gower/Harperr/Malin/Wimlett families in Aston. My father was Albert Victor Gower and he lived in Clifford Street, Lozells, as did his mother's Harper family.  He had a brother William Leslie Gower who marries Agnes Hodgetts, does anyone know of their descendants whereabouts please

hi there  margeric  dont know if this info  will help  there was an Alan Gower  in my class at summer lane school  we left school in 1965  there is a class photo on friends reunited  site of our class photo    tall lad wearing glasses  i believe he also came from the lozells area   

yes it is the right photo i am seond left second row the class teacher is miss savage who has just recently passed away thank you for adding photo

Hello Esther, Yes uncle Bill did have a son Alan and they lived in Clifford Street off Lozells Road. Thanks for that. Thanks also to admin fort adding the photo. There are two boys at the back with glasses do you know which one he is? Margeric

Ive done a little work on the image to improve it... It's far from being perfic but it has tidied it a little

alan is the fair haired boy good job on smarting up us scallywags and repairng broken window admin class of 1965 would be pround

Many thanks.
Alan had siblings. John and one or two sisters. I must try to find them. No joy yet. We lost touch when my dad died.
Margeric

Hi everyone i am reserching the Fletcher Family Tree, and if there is anyone out there that knows any of the folowing please contact me, Joseph John henry fletcher born March 6 1898, husband to Grace Marion Cruickshank, They had 3 children Marion Grace Fletcher, George Fletcher, Joseph Fletcher, George Fletcher First Married a woman called Annette surname not known but they had i think 3 Children 1 of which i allready know has Christopher Collins. George Fletcher died 09 January 1985 The Parents of Joseph John Henry Fletcher was- George Henry Fletcher born Oct 1869 Husband too Harriet Wilson Born 1874 who in 1905 were publicans i think in highgate area it would be great if anyone knows what the pub was called and were it was

Back