• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Miller St the last bus to dpart was...

HI Radiorails - I had already noticed a lack of info on these images, with many which have labels that are incorrect and quite a few with no labels at all. Most are also in low resolution - scanned around 14 years ago. It can be a interesting puzzle to work out the locations and the approximate date by looking for clues in the photos.
Having said that - if you search the archive from end to start rather than the other way round, you will find that the more recent images are scanned in much higher quality - there are even some genuine colour images in there. So it is a little pot of gold!
Luckily Miller St is very recognisable.

I mention this, in all good faith, but BHF is a primarily a history of Birmingham and the founders of BHF, which I am not, do try to keep it that way - even if it is a very loose reign. :laughing:

It is a large inventory to be sure. I do not have the advantage of living in Birmingham, Solihull was often my home and I did work in the city for 18 months when I first left school. I moved to Devon when I was sixteen and a half so I not always familiar with landmarks in the city. I did spend a lot of my time, from age 10 onwards checking out the BCT, B&MMO, BCN canals and GWR. However much of what I saw has stayed with me. For the record I take little or no interest in WMPTE and it successors.
Anyway I will leave to your judgement and give details to the photographs if necessary.
I am not sure whether there is much interest, on BHF, in Birmingham former trams system. After all it ceased 70 years ago. But there is a great deal of information, much of it technical, available by people who worked on the trams maintenance at 'the lake'. I make little comment on the modern system, it is a poor outfit compared to most European cities. :laughing:

Back