• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Military Badges and Sweetheart Brooches

Doug thank you. I love these brooches although sadly I don't own any. They have some die's for these at the Jewellery Quarter Museum they are beautiful. The guide told us they often feature swallows, this is because they return home.......very moving I thought!

Hi White 3012, I know you posted this several years ago but I'm hoping you might still get this reply. I'm researching sweetheart brooches for my Art History PhD and I'm specially interested in any brooches that can be connected to people who owned them as these are much more rare. Would you be prepared to tell me about your Great Great Uncle? I can give you my email if you prefer. Many thanks!

Hi, I know you posted this several years ago but I'm hoping you might still get this reply. I'm researching sweetheart brooches for my Art History PhD and I'm specially interested in any brooches that can be connected to people who owned them as these are much more rare. Would you be prepared to tell me about your Great Great Uncle? I can give you my email if you prefer. Many thanks!

Back