• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mike Guest

Hello Bernie, thank you so much for your very generous offer but unfortunately the arrival time in digbeth is about 2 or 3 hours before I need to catch the bus to Sutton so I am going to catch up with some old friends whilst in the city centre.
I must apologise in advance for not turning up in the appropriate attire but when you are on holiday you don't think to pack funeral clothes, do you.
See you next week.
Jim

I have heard the tragic news about Mike.

I can't express how I feel at this moment. Mike was a truely wonderful person and someone who I respected so much. May I say that my life has been all the better for having known Mike. A sad, sad day for everyone that had the pleasure of knowing him. RIP Mick. Mabz

Last edited:
So terribly sorry to hear about Mike, Maureen. Will never forget meeting Mike at Barton's when Barb and I visited Bham in July 2010.

Will miss our instant message exchanges through the Forum.

Shirley and Barb

We've been away this week and I've only just heard the sad sad news. We met Mike on a number of occasions, one of life's gentlemen.
Condolences to all his family.
Charlie and Don

Such sad news, my condolences go to all of Mike's family & friends at this sad time.

Margaret.

I have only just found out about the death of Mike G, and am so sorry to hear this very sad news. I shall treasure my BHF badge which I got from him personally on a visit to Brum.

I have only just found out about the death of Mike G, and am so sorry to hear this very sad news. I shall treasure my BHF badge which I got from him personally on a visit to Brum.

I will be wearing my badge with pride on thursday

It's lovely although rather sad to see a photo of Mike, Vic. I am sure members who never met him will be glad to see a photo. Mike made a BHF drinks coaster for Michael and he uses it every day. It now has a more special meaning...xx

To all those attending Mike Gs funeral tomorrow, I'll see you there, lets try and make it a good send off.
If you can make it please do and if you can't, please spare him a thought at the appropriate time.

Sadly I will not be able to be there tomorrow but I will be thinking about Mike and his loved ones. I know it is going to be a very sad day - my thoughts are with you all.

Apologies from me, looks like unless I can get wings, won't be able to get there in time, train which rep is getting leaves Tamworth at 12.40, will spend a quiet few minutes at the appropriate time as Jim suggests though.
Sue

as a last tribute to dear mike the front cover of his order of service...it was a wonderful service with standing room only such was the popuality of this lovely man.....i shall miss him dearly..he always had this habit of making the sun shine and today was no exception....god bless you mike and my love to goes to mo and his wonderful loving family...

lyn..xx

Many thanks Lyn - Mike will be much missed by folk here as well as by his family and friends.

It was a beautiful heart warming service befitting a lovely man such as Mike. I also enjoyed meeting his and Maureen's lovely family what a delight they were. Until the end Mike stated he didn't want flowers only donations. Typical of his unselfish ways...We will miss you Mike.

I agree with Wendy - it was a beautiful service and one which befitted an extremely wonderful human being such as Mike. I thought the service was conducted beautifully by the female clergy. RIP Mike Mabz

as a last tribute to dear mike the front cover of his order of service...it was a wonderful service with standing room only such was the popuality of this lovely man.....i shall miss him dearly..he always had this habit of making the sun shine and today was no exception....god bless you mike and my love to goes to mo and his wonderful loving family...

lyn..xx

I wish you'd sent some cooler weather Mike, I was sweltering. Don't get moderating them angels to much either they have a job to do. RIP Mike.
(I can't see your photo Lyn)

I have been on holiday and just got back, what a tragic week for the forum, I am shocked by the news of "Mike G's, passing condolences to all.
paul

I am so glad to hear that the funeral service was beautiful and that so many people turned up. I couldn't be there but I spent some quiet time thinking of Mike.

So glad Mike had a good send off and turn out for his funeral... R.I.P Mike...(Lynn's pic' maybe a casualty of the hacking along with all the others) :(

I couldn't be there, but sat quietly in the Jewellers Arms last Tuesday and raised a toast to Mike. RIP.

We were in Anglesey last week and I too had Mike on my mind and sat chatting with Pete about how I will miss him on the forum. God bless Mike. Jean.

Frothy, that's fantastic.
Just watched that one and the others listed down the side( Forum meeting part 2,Barton Arms,amd Poms visit to Birmingham.)

hard to believe froth that since you made that video there are 3 people on it that are no longer with us...peter walker...my steve and mike...its a lovely reminder of them all....

lyn

Back