• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Merlin Garage, Haunch Lane, Kings Heath

Moselej

Hi all,

I am trying to find some old photos of the Melin Garage on Haunch Lane in Kings Heath which (next to the Tudor Cinema) was built in 1947 and owned by my Grandfather John "H" Skermer.

I have seen some photos on one of the posts on here however, it is not allowing me to access them for some reason.

I am also interested in what was there before the Merlin Garage was built, as my Dad, who is now 87 seems to think it was own by the Gideon family.

If anyone can help I'd be most grateful.

Hi all,

I am trying to find some old photos of the Melin Garage on Haunch Lane in Kings Heath which (next to the Tudor Cinema) was built in 1947 and owned by my Grandfather John "H" Skermer.

I have seen some photos on one of the posts on here however, it is not allowing me to access them for some reason.

I am also interested in what was there before the Merlin Garage was built, as my Dad, who is now 87 seems to think it was own by the Gideon family.

If anyone can help I'd be most grateful.
Go to 'Facebook' ….'Old Birmingham Garages'

Hi Moselej

Since I was the one who posted the images on the site, why not see them here along with a couple of other related images.Kings Heath Haunch Lane .JPGKings Heath Haunch Lane Merlin Garage (2) .jpgKings Heath Haunch Lane Merlin Garage 2.[1].jpgYardley Wood Haunch Lane 1962.jpg

Back