• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mendelssohn Cd Cover

Lady Penelope

master brummie
Can anyone help with making out what two of the items on this CD cover are please?
I can see the Stork Hotel, the mail coach to Dover and the Town Hall but what's that thing to the left the Town Hall and the other one half way down the right hand side in front of the boat?

Attachments

• CD.jpg
    CD.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 51
Strangely, that looks like a very tall stork to the left of the Town Hall Lady P. In front of the paddle steamer is a thick plank of wood which seems to be marking the edge of the water. And in front of that are perhaps sacks filled with something. Unusual details in the image. Viv.

I thought it was a tall stork but couldn't think why. Also spotted word "recipe " to left of boat. Some strange objects.

So it was a stork after all! Thanks to everyone. I suppose the name of the hotel put the idea of the stork in M's mind. Very interesting article Viv.

Back