• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Matthew Boulton's Warehouse, Livery Street

Hi Viv,
I've been looking for a picture of the warehouse for years so thank you! I know it was on a corner, possibly of Water Street, as they would have used the canals I would think for transporting goods. If I remember correctly it was there until the 1940's so should appear on fairly recent maps. Warwickshire Archaeological Society did a paper on it but I've yet to find that as well.

Penny

it would be good to try and find an actual photograph of the warehouse...there must be one somewhere

lyn

Searching for Louis Goldberg - the name on the warehouse in the photo reveals him listed at 57 Livery street.
1690654225688.png
I am hoping Mike can confirm this but that would be on the corner of Lionel street. The building shaded yellow. I have it on another map but it goes right on the edge of two maps. This map is 1887 survey and 1890 published.
1690653651660.png

Same date but different scale
1690653858927.png

Last edited:
Searching for Louis Goldberg - the name on the warehouse in the photo reveals him listed at 57 Livery street.
View attachment 182499
I am hoping Mike can confirm this but that would be on the corner of Lionel street. The building shaded yellow. I have it on another map but it goes right on the edge of two maps. This map is 1887 survey and 1890 published.
View attachment 182497

View attachment 182498
so maybe where the car park is on post 4 jan...hopefully mike or someone can confirm

lyn

View attachment 182499
View attachment 182497

View attachment 182498
Yes . I can confirm that

Thank you so much Janice - that photo is just what I've been looking for. I didn't think it was on the photo of the corner posted earlier as I thought that was the area that my ancestor had a house. However, I've been wrong before! Well done!

Penny

View attachment 182499
I am hoping Mike can confirm this but that would be on the corner of Lionel street. The building shaded yellow. I have it on another map but it goes right on the edge of
that what it said #4

Last edited:
Back