• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Mathew Boulton Primary School Handsworth

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Right we seem to be getting into the swing of things now with plenty of interesting facts being revealed, lets see what we can come up with concerning this establishment.

Attachments

• Schools #5.jpg
    Schools #5.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 122
Astonian

I think you might have the right school, but might be a little mixed up with the name of the road.

Bit of a late answer but I've only just seen this picture - I thought I recognised the school - when I was in the first and second year at Central Grammar (when it was in Cherrywood Road) we used to have to walk to Anthony Road School to use their woodwork shop for our lessons, as I remember we had our own teacher though.

It was quite handy if our lesson was at the right time of day as I lived just across Alum Rock Road and one road down - in Clipston Road.

Sandy

Sorry, but this school is quite a jaunt from Alum Rock, the correct answer has been given but there is a slight error in as much as the wrong road name has been given. As soon as the correct name is given all will become clear.

Hi phil
i know the school but for the love nor moneyi just cannot think of the dammed name
of the side rd that is in the picture thats why i said what i did say unless some one as sussed it out ;
i will try ad hurry u to recall it ; astonian;;

Astonian is on the right road, but it's not called Handsworth New Rd where the school is.

Phil;
the side road i am thinking of is victoria rd off the handsworh new rd ;
pudding the foundry was one you mentioned and the corner of james turner street is not the one at least i am sure of that one
the school i am thinking of and have mentioned is at the corner of these two rd and the entrance would have been in victoria rd
which if my memory serves me correct was the last rd on the left hand side and the last rd on your left before the no 11 bus
turns left onto soho rd unless it had a name change within the last fifty years ;
best wishes ; astonian;;

I thought that it might be a version of Anthony Road. It's kind of similar looking but smaller I think.

Astonian is on the right road, but it's not called Handsworth New Rd where the school is.

Boulton Road, but I take no credit for it - just took the clues and Google Satellite/Streetview provided the answer!

Thats it Boulton Road Handsworth, I think the name of the road changes from Handsworth New Rd to Boulton Rd after it passes under the railway bridge at the bottom of the hill. Quite right also it is called the Matthew Boulton Primary School now.

Back